D-Fend Reloaded 0.7 was made for use with DOSBox 0.72. The upcoming version 0.8 of D-Fend Reloaded will be 100% compatible with DOSBox 0.73 and will also be bundled with the new DOSBox version. But anyway you can start your profiles in DOSBox 0.73 from D-Fend Reloaded 0.7. Here is a step by step tutorial to do this:
- Download DOSBox 0.73 and install it.
- Open the setup dialog in D-Fend Reloaded, go to the "DOSBox" page and change the path for the default DOSBox installation to the path where you have installed the new DOSBox version.
- Switch the setup dialog to advanced mode, go to the "Default values" page and enter the following values in the "Video card" box (replace the existing values):
hercules cga tandy pcjr ega vgaonly svga_s3 svga_et3000 svga_et4000 svga_paradise vesa_nolfb vesa_oldvbe
If you do not use fixed cpu cycle settings, do not want to disable SoundBlaster support, do not want to change GUS settings and do not want to change MIDI settings, you are already done and can run your profiles in DOSBox 0.73 from D-Fend Reloaded 0.7. In all other cases open the profile editor for the profiles that use the settings mentioned above, go to the "DOSBox settings" page and enter some of the following lines in the "Custom settings" box:
- To use fixed cpu cycles enter:
[cpu] cycles=fixed <value>
- MIDI config:
[midi] mididevice=... midiconfig=...
- To disable the SoundBlaster support:
- GUS settings:
[gus] gusirq=... gusdma=...
Attention: After upgrading to the (not yet released) version 0.8 of D-Fend Reloaded you have to remove this custom settings from your profiles again.